Working out in my own home has become my preferred fitness activity. For me it has made all the difference since it eliminates many of the excuses I could come up with for not working out. I have been able to stay on track to get at least 30 minutes of activity 6 days a week. Recently I have been able to set up a dedicated workout room, but it has not always been that convenient. Up until this week I have been working out in my dining room in the midst of all my family’s activities. My son enjoys watching me do P90X “wacky jacks” and having a little giggle at Mommy’s expense. He knows not to tease me too much or I will make him do it with me. Eventually it will double as a crafting space as well but for now I’m spoiled rotten! Working out at home is convenient, low cost, more private than a gym and provides a great example for my family.
- No driving to the gym
- I can workout any time of day – even before I’ve had my shower and I still have “bed head”
- No waiting for equipment
- My kids see me working out and even join in at times
- Encourages my husband to get his workout in for the day
- No membership or class fee
- Once I buy a workout DVD or equipment it can be used for years and for multiple family members
- No one in the gym is watching me
- I can attempt difficult exercises (like pullups, which are my nemesis) in the privacy of my own home
- No one in the gym is rushing me…If I am needing to take more time with an exercise, I am not feeling pressured to hurry by someone waiting for the equipment that I am using
So, do you workout at home or in a gym? What are your favorite workouts at home?