“He that is good at making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” Benjamin Franklin
So what are your favorite excuses? It’s easy to come up with excuses and rationalizations for why we don’t take care of ourselves. I had excuses for why I didn’t work out, why I ate too much, and why I ate junk. Here’s a few I’ve used:
I’m too tired…My (fill in the blank) hurts…I don’t have time…I don’t know how…I’m good enough just the way I am…I’ll never be good enough…I don’t want anyone to see me…I’m embarrassed…I’m uncoordinated…and last, but not least-I just don’t want to!
Where did those excuses get me? At one point it got me to 226 pounds and frequently short of breath. It got me into a mindset where I didn’t look at myself in the mirror, I didn’t want my husband to see me undressed, and I didn’t like to have my picture taken. I remember getting mad at my husband once because he took a picture of me from behind. Wow! I didn’t like the person I’d become.
I’ve realized that all my excuses have done for me is to hold me back. I have found that I have MORE energy on days when I work out and I have less pain. I may have some muscle soreness from my workout, but I don’t have the back pain, neck pain and headaches that I used to have. I’ve decided that even though people may see me looking like a goober when I work out, at least I’m working out and changing myself for the better. I didn’t know how to workout on my own, but with the help of celebrity trainers on the Insanity and P90X workout videos I have learned how to improve my fitness. Now I have set goals for myself and I Push Play every day. I track my food and my fitness activities – every day. I surround myself with people who encourage me. I don’t just find the time for fitness, I MAKE the time. Taking care of myself has become a priority because I have decided that I am worth it!
Are you ready for a challenge? I am looking for people for a 60 day No Excuses Challenge group to help get through the holiday months. Normally November and December are times for people to pack on the pounds. The goal for this challenge is to not only avoid the weight gain, but LOSE weight. No more need for a New Year’s resolution about your health because you will already be on the right track. I will keep the group small – five to six people. We will track our progress, hold each other accountable, motivate, inspire and encourage one another. So who’s with me? Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up here and click “join” so that I can be your coach on the Team Beachbody website. Membership on Team Beachbody is free. There is a paid membership available as well and you can read about the differences here.
2. Buy Shakeology here and replace one meal a day with a Shakeology shake. To learn more about the benefits of Shakeology you can click on the video in the upper right corner of this page.
3. Choose your workout program. Beachbody has many programs available for all fitness levels. You can choose one by clicking here and going to the “shop” tab or you can use any program that you already own.
4. Commit to doing the workout program 5 to 6 days a week for the next 60 days.
5. Take photos and measurements on day 1, day 30 and day 60. I will give you some direction on measurements and photos. This is very important to help measure your progress by using more than just the scale. Often our bodies make wonderful improvements before the scale starts moving.
6. Connect with me and other members of the group – I will set up a private facebook page so that we can easily encourage each other.
7. If you are using a Beachbody workout program you can also register for the Beachbody Challenge at teambeachbody.com and be eligible to win prizes. They are offering a daily prize of $500, a monthly prize of $1,000, a quarterly prize of $5,000 and a grand prize of $100,000!
We will start on November 1st so that gives you plenty of time to get your program and your Shakeology and be ready to start the NO EXCUSES CHALLENGE!